From humble beginnings in Japanese occupied Korea, Hwang Kee founded his first Moo Duk Kwan® martial art school in Yong San Ku on November 9, 1945.
He soon became one of the most widely renowned and respected martial artists in Korea. From 1953 to 1964 Hwang Kee began expanding his martial art schools and the Moo Duk Kwan® name that he created and the fist logo that he designed were displayed by instructors affiliated with him to identify them as legitimate sources of instruction and training in his legendary martial art system.
Learn more on:
- Hwang Kee on the Official Moo Duk Kwan history site
- Hwang Kee on the Soo Bahk Do Institute
- Hwang Kee in History of The Moo Duk Kwan available on www.moodukkwanmall.com
- Hwang Kee in the Moo Do Chul Hahk available on www.moodochulhahk.com
- Hwang Kee on the USA Federation wiki
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."
Latest posts by Phil Duncan (see all)
- Where There Is Preparation There Is No Fear - 05/14/2014
- Seven Characteristics of a Moo Duk Kwan® Quality Soo Bahk Do® Practitioner - 03/14/2014
- Kick-a-thon Prizes Reward Leadership Skills - 10/23/2013