Here is some important information concerning the next World Moo Duk Kwan Symposium, which is being held in Greece. Kriton Glenn, Sa Bom Nim, Current Chairman has sent out this email announcement and has attached a PDF file with the minutes from the 2016 WMDK Symposium held in Uruguay, South America. Please consider your prompt attention to the upcoming preparations and deadline for a response, so the Greek Federation can start their preparation to receive WMDK designees and guests in a timely manner.
Dear Designees and Moo Duk Kwan Seniors
I trust this finds you all in good health and fine spirits.
2016 WMDK Uruguay Symposium Minutes
Please see the attached minutes of the 2016 symposium held in Uruguay and again we thank the Uruguay Federation on its hosting of the Zone Symposium.
These have been reviewed by Kwan Jang Nim and are distributed by the 2016 Symposium Chairman and I thank those who have made contributions to finalising these.
Checking in with you all to see you have registered for the Symposium will be held in Glyfada (Athens) the dates: Nov. 29 to 2 Dec. with the Greek Federation Chairman Mr Angelos Pitsikalis - so they can make arrangements for your attendance. Please register this month so the host nation can make hotel and venue arrangements. I believe that they are preparing some wonderful experiences in historic settings to support the event and I thank them in advance.
As in previous symposia, the Host nation will assist one person from each country (the Designee or their appointee) for the time inclusive within the symposium dates for food and accommodations and other seniors from your countries are welcome at their own expense.
So do join us for a World Moo Duk Kwan experience. See some wonderful human history from the Greek civilisation and early European MDK history as Kwan Jang Nim will show us the locations of where he started a Do Jang in Athens many years ago. It will be a wonderful page in your personal history book.
Symposium Agenda Items
This 2017 World Moo Duk Kwan Symposium is a full symposium where all countires are represented, I ask your assistance in putting forward agenda items to be included. Because this will prepare the format and the proceedings of the event.
To keep our Moo Duk Kwan commitments in the front of our minds and as we represent our nations, regions, Do Jangs and most importantly the membership / students, below are the official requirements of all designees.
We all have 3 action items
(1) share the 2016 symposium minutes with all our members
(2) register for the 2017 Symposium held in Greece ( contact- email@example.com directly)
(3) contribute to the agenda items.
Thanking you again for your continued support and setting the living example of the Moo Duk Kwan.
Please contact me to clarify any questions.
Yours in the Moo Duk Kwan
2016 World Moo Duk Kwan Symposium Chairman
NATIONAL DESIGNEE RESPONSIBILITIES
- National Designees are currently appointed by the president of the World Moo Duk Kwan based on communication skills, ability to represent their country and dedication to the Moo Duk Kwan.
- National Designees will provide agenda items to the WMDK based on the needs and concerns of their country's members.
- National Designees will review other proposed agenda items and communicate with their members to determine their desires on specific items. National Designees will report Symposium and Zone Symposium Minutes to their national organization's leadership.
- A National Designee may delegate tasks necessary to meet the designee responsibilities, (example: an assistant to type and/or translate a document).
- National Designees are encouraged to provide appropriate content from their country for the World Moo Duk Kwan website. Content could include imagery and text from that country's leadership, studio owners, instructors and general membership. National Designees are responsible for coordinating translation where appropriate.